Friday, February 1, 2013

Have You Ever? April 2007


Have you ever thought you knew someone, rather well- at least you were investing the time getting to know them (and they were doing the same) then suddenly you realize maybe you didn't know them at all?? 

Did you question what was real?? 

Which ‘them’ was the REAL them??  The person you knew or the person you have seen most recently… 

I mean you can spend months, years even sometimes getting to know someone only to discover maybe you didn't know them at all.  

Maybe I don’t understand because I’ve always been pretty much a ‘what you see is what you get’ kind of girl… granted I maybe a bit more reserved and quite at work than I am at home but that’s just manners… I don’t change my personality with the tides… 

I guess it’s just hard when the someone you see differently is someone you care a great deal about, the person you anticipated loving the rest of your life- and when you see the ‘new’ or is it the ‘real’ them you go… “What happened to the man (in my case it would be a man~if you’re a guy you can change the wording if you need to) I fell in love with?  They would never say or do the things I have seen recently~ cutting, hurtful things.  What happened to the sincere, loving man I thought I knew?? Was he just a facade? Is this the real man? “

Anyhow, sometimes I know events alter the way people look at life, but in the end it’s people who chose to change, life doesn’t actually change people… maybe one day I’ll understand why things happen they way they do- maybe it’s not meant to be understood… or maybe it’s one of those things I can ask God when I meet him face to face.  

No comments:

Post a Comment