Monday, February 11, 2013

Imagine Me... July 2007


Song Lyrics and a Blog....

Imagine Me..
Kirk Franklin

Imagine me
loving what I see,
when the mirror looks at me cause I,
I imagine me.

In a place,
of no insecurities and I'm finally happy cause
I imagine me.

Letting go
of all of the ones who hurt me
cause they never did deserve me,
can you imagine me.

Saying no
to thoughts that try to control me,
remembering all you told me,
Lord can you imagine me?
Over what my momma said,
and healed from what my daddy did
and I wanna live and not read that page again.

(Chorus)
Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally, finally I can imagine me,
I admit it was hard to see you being in love with someone like me,
finally I can imagine me.

Imagine me
Being strong
and not letting people break me down,
you won't get that joy this time around.
Can you imagine me?

In a world,
in a world nobody has to live afraid,
because of your love, fear's gone away,
can you imagine me.

Letting go of my past
and glad I have another chance
and my heart will dance
cause I don't have to read that page again.

Imagine me, being free, trusting you totally, finally I can imagine me,
I admit it was hard to see you being in love with someone like me,
finally I can imagine me.
(Repeat Chorus 2x's)

Kirk talks:
This song is dedicated to people like me, those that struggle with insecurities, acceptance and even self esteem, you never felt good enough, you never felt pretty enough but imagine God whispering in your ear letting you know that everything that has happened is now.

Gone, Gone, Its' Gone, All Gone

Kirk's remarks
Oh It's All Gone. Every Sin, Every Mistake, Every Failure Its' All Gone!
Depression Gone By Faith It's Gone
Low Self Esteem, Halleluiah Its Gone, All Gone,
It's Gone All My Scars All My Pain It's In The Past , Its' Yesterday Its' All Gone( Can't Believe Its' Gone) What Your Mother Did, What your Father Did, Halleluiah (Its' Gone All Gone Oh Whoa))


Last year around this same time, I was struggling w/some issues and a friend of mine who is the kind of friend that isn't afraid to be honest and open with me~ a REAL friend… MADE me to sit and listen to this song… I mean he literally FORCED me to listen… I was trapped in the car with him… wasn't exactly gonna be going anywhere… he popped the cd in and said 'Now, I want you to hear this song… when I heard it today, I immediately thought of you."  I half heartedly said 'yeah ok… ', having no idea what I was in for.  Well it brought me to tears the first time, and the second time he played it for me.  He had to play it twice so I'd hear it not just w/my ears but with my heart… (Thank you Myron…I love you!! )

I've said it before I've always had trouble with letting things go… things, people, hurts, habits, hang ups… for some reason I didn't want to relinquish them… I wanted to be able to revisit them whenever I chose. You know, so I could sulk and be reminded of the pain at a moments notice.  I don't know WHY I did it, I just did…

But recently I'm learning to let it all GO~~ let go of the things that have been holding me back~~ and learning to trust God totally… it's a scary concept for me, to relinquish total control of my life… but when I think about it- my entire life,  I had been letting so many people and things control me, I was onlypretending to be in control of my life.  I had been letting my insecurities control me, I had been letting past failures control me, I had been letting former relationships control me, hurts from decades ago still had a hold of me maneuvering me… and I was just along for the ride.   Since I couldn't control myself, my life… I in turn, tried to control others~ friends, family, the man I loved~ found out that doesn't work either… just leads to more loneliness… just more to control me. 
This is not an overnight transformation, it's something I'm constantly working on—to realize that I can LET IT ALL GO~~ and that I don't have to go back and check on it to make sure it's still there (or not there). God says it's GONE, it's OVER~~ it's IN THE PAST… He says turn it over to Him then forget about it… so I'm working on that!!

Another thing I've struggled to realize is God loves me and wants me JUST LIKE I AM!!! All those insecurities I've had are from the world, not from Him. I can let those go too!! He loves me unconditionally… no matter how my hair looks, no matter what size my jeans are- my God loves me~~ in fact He loves me so much He gave up His life for me… and He wants me to love Him and trust Him with all my heart. 
For way too long I have been letting others break me and take away my true joy, the joy that only knowing God can bring me.  And honestly it took a recent 'set back' in my life to help me realize this.  Even though it was a very, very difficult situation to endure- it felt like another failure, the ultimate one~~ to top off the heap of past failures, but in essence it was really a step~~ a step that brought me closer to God.  I had to go through all the pain and heartache- and wow, the heartache was so intense at times… but I had to be totally broken so I could go to God and be healed…not just mended… BUT HEALED.  Along the way I learned some things, I learned to love someone unconditionally~ and I learned my value and worth not only to God but to myself. 
So I CAN imagine ME… finally free and happy in a place where I can trust in Him totally…  like I said, it's a work in progress, but I can imagine it—I can see it, and it's a beautiful thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment