Friday, February 1, 2013

Learned... April 11, 2008~~

I wrote this and before I hit publish, I got the call about Monkey...


I’ve learned…

Doing some reflecting… and I realize that in the past 12 months I’ve learned some valuable lessons…

I’ve learned that… The job that pays the least has no set schedule, lots of over time, no time off—also has the best benefits of all- unlimited hugs, smiles, unconditional love- being a mommy is the best job I’ve ever had!!

I’ve learned that at the end of a crappy day, one toothless little smile makes it ALL better.

I’ve learned that walking out of a dressing room wearing a LITTLE black dress FIVE sizes smaller than anything I’ve worn in the last TWENTY years~~ and it looking like it was MADE for me… is an AMAZING feeling…

I’ve learned that, I really do want to fall in love again… that there ARE good guys out there- I can’t hold the sins of the past against the future!!! That it is possible to feel again, numb isn’t an option!!

I’ve learned that as my parents’ age, they become more my friends and less my parents… and on some level and at some time, I’ll be the one taking care of them…

I’ve learned that sometimes you make some of the BEST friends through some of the strangest and hardest circumstances… and that these friendships endure beyond the circumstance that brought you together in the first place!

I’ve learned that thru time, wounds really do heal~~ that it’s possible to let go (and I’m not just talking about ‘romantic’ relationship’ wounds here either!!) but a lot of stuff that I learned to let go of… and I’m much ‘free-er’ for it…

I’ve learned dreams aren’t just what we see in our sleep- dreams are what we strive for daily… and if we don’t reach out and grab them when they come by we can miss them… and THAT is a true tragedy.

And I’ve learned that there ARE risks in life that I will regret not taking if I don’t just take them!! I might feel foolish if I don’t quite get it right the first time… BUT how foolish would I feel if I missed a WONDERFUL opportunity because I was too scared to fail???


No comments:

Post a Comment